Celebrity hairstylist, Jen Atkin - with a client roster that includes Lorde, Katy Perry, Jennifer Lopez, Kaley Cuoco and Kim & Khloe Kardashian shared her 5 easy steps for achieving the perfect beachy waves at home:
1. On damp hair, apply mousse (Jen recommends Mousse au Lotus Volumatrice by Leonor Greyl) to add volume and create a product foundation. Rough dry the hair.
2. Once dry, curl sections with a 1 1/4” curling wand. Be sure to tug on each section after it’s curled while it's still hot, as this will relax each curl.
3. Next, use a flat iron to add a bend to the roots and smooth over the ends to soften.
4. Then, liberally apply a texturizing spray (Jen recommends Oribe Dry Texturing Spray). This will up the volume with just the right amount of gritty texture.
5. Replicate that wind-whipped hair by piecing out the ends with a wax (Jen recommends Osmo Clay Wax).
email@example.com for more details or to reserve your spot!
And for those days that you don't have time for even five step hair, here are a couple of products that will help you get a beachy look in a spray!
Available at www.victoriassecret.com.
Available from your Avon rep - 1-800-265-AVON or online at www.avon.ca.
- Lisamarie -