What's also nice is the company offers a sampler kit so if you want to try it out without committing yourself to a whole tube that's a great option!
I was very interested to give the oily skin formula a try as my skin has not been behaving lately and I didn't want to do anything to it that might make it angrier, so this was a good test! Not only did it not make me break out, the product gave me a beautiful healthy glow without the slightest hint of orange!
Check it out at www.beautisol.com
Life Brand SUNTHERA3 Gradual Sunless Colour Moisturizer SPF 15 - 177ml - $11.49 - a hydrating self-tanner provides skin with a natural, warm glow that develops over time and can be easily maintained by moisturizing. Gentle enough to use every day and helps the skin replenish and maintain its natural moisture while offering broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Quick absorbing, non-greasy formula is lightly scented. The gradual colour ones are a great idea if you have a problem applying the regular kind evenly!
Both are available at Shoppers Drug Mart.
And here are some tips that Beautisol offers for the perfect glow:
Before - The Perfect Prep
- Do a test patch 24-28 hours in advance - as you could be sensitive to the active tanning ingredient in self-tanners, DHA or other ingredients in the product.
- Wax 24 hours or shave 12 hours in advance as you shouldn't apply product to irritated skin.
- Exfoliate before you tan and you will get a more even colour!
- Apply a small amount of face lotion to bleached or blond eyebrows and hairline to prevent discolouration.
- Wear tight fitting disposable gloves or wash your hands after application - coloured palms are not pretty!
- Tan at night and wait about 30 minutes before going to bed to help ensure the product has absorbed into your skin.
- Use a Q-Tip to remove excess product from eyebrows and dark spots to prevent discolouration of eyebrows or to prevent dark spots on your face from getting darker.
- Do not show, bathe, swim or sweat for at least 6-8 hours after you apply your product. Water will stop the tan from developing and the longer you leave the product on the darker the tan tends to be.
- Rinse with water after the tan has developed, to remove any guide colour.
- Pat your skin dry after cleansing or rinsing. Drying your skin with a towel vigorously can make your tan wear off prematurely.
- Gently exfoliate about 3 days after you have tanned to help the tan fade more evenly.
- Lisamarie -